I’m not one to cook with butter. Baking yes, cooking no. I’m no Paula Dean, and I like to think that I usually cook healthier using olive oil, but I came across a recipe that looked awesome and I figured I could ease up for one night.
Garlic and Broccoli is one of my favorite combinations. Add Chicken and I’m practically in heaven. This dish was awesome, and the perfect meal to end a crazy work week. I made the full recipe, and even with Walter going back for seconds, there’s enough for lunch 2 or 3 more times, which is awesome, as it means I get the weekend off
Adapted from Eat at Home
Garlic Angel Hair Pasta with Chicken & Broccoli
- 1 lb. angel hair pasta
- 4 chicken breast, cooked & cubed
- 1 package frozen broccoli (approx. 10 ounces), steamed
- 6 Tbs butter, unsalted
- 6 garlic cloves, diced
- 1 cup Parmesan, shredded
- 1 cup Pecorino Romano, shredded
- 1-2 cups pasta water
- Cook pasta according to directions. Before draining the pasta, reserve 1-2 cups of the pasta water and set aside.
- Melt butter in skillet over medium-low heat.
- Once butter begins to bubble, add garlic and brown, approximately 5 minutes.
- After garlic has browned, add cubed chicken to the skillet.
- Drain the pasta, remembering to reserve 1 to 2 cups of the pasta water.
- Slowly add the pasta to the skillet, mixing in with the garlic, chicken and butter.
- Add both cups of cheese to the skillet and mix everything together.
- If mixture seems to dry out, add reserved pasta water a little bit at a time to loosen it back up and get the consistency nice and creamy.